|share a #virtualbeer with me. via bluemask2099|
Why such a low number as compared to other readers? I am a “slow” reader. I usually read for pleasure. For that my reading speed is almost equal to my speaking speed.
Over at Meann’s blog (The Girl Who Reads and Other Stories), she asked for specific reading goals. (By the way, she is currently running a book give-away.) Here is mine:
- As a Star Trek Lit fan, at least six of the 2013 releases.
- the novelization of Star Trek Into Darkness that I should read after I see the film
- the four book mini-series The Fall, in celebration of the 20th anniversary of Star Trek: Deep Space Nine
- and Rise of the Federation: A Choice of Futures, an Enterprise novel set on the years after the Federation was founded
- At least 2 science fiction classic novels. Books by H.G. Wells will fit the bill.
- At least one English translation of a non-English science fiction book. The English edition of Apocalipsis Z: Los días oscuros (Spanish original) that I bought already will qualify.
- A “thick” book. I already have Stephen King’s Under the Dome on by TBR list.
- At least 2 classic novels that are not science fiction or fantasy.
- The Hobbit and at least the first book The Lord of Rings trilogy, The Fellowship of the Ring.
- If possible, a science fiction or fantasy novel written by a Filipino. If I can’t find one, at least 2 novellas by a Filipino author or at least one anthology of short stories by a group of Filipino authors.
For the rest, any book from my TBR list. Most of it I bought from The Kindle Daily Deal (for e-books) or Booksale (for paperbacks).